First Power and Surge Protection Limited ("FPSP", "we", "us") ﬁrmly respect the privacy and rights of all individuals and businesses we deal with.
This privacy notice documents how we collect and process personal information from visitors to our website and individuals and businesses we deal with when operating and providing services.
This notice should be read in conjunction with our website and we will naturally update this notice from time to time. You are therefore encouraged to review the notice whenever you visit our website and/or before providing us with personal data, to ensure you have access to the most up to date information at that time.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA) and General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) the Data Controller in respect of any personal data controlled by the business is First Power and Surge Protection Limited under registration number ZA356611.
Our postal address is:
Hart Shaw Building
Telephone: 0114 2626121
Our registered ofﬁce is:
77 High Street
First things ﬁrst, what is personal data and what information do we collect?
For the purposes of this policy, personal data is effectively information about individuals which, alone, or in conjunction with other information held by us, is capable of identifying them.
The DPA and GDPR regulate our use of your personal data.
In dealing with customers and other parties in the course of our business, we most commonly obtain personal data consisting of names, physical and electronic addresses and telephone numbers ANY OTHER DATA????.
How do we collect personal data?
We may obtain personal data from you when you visit our ofﬁces, contact us by telephone, email, via our website or any other form of communication. This includes personal data you provide to us when:
• Contacting us with a question or enquiry.
• Dealing with us in order to receive goods or services for you, your business or a third party.
• Attending events or providing a member of our team with business cards or contact details.
• Contacting us in the unlikely event of a complaint.
• Any other purpose related to the provision of goods or services. We can use any personal data we obtain for a number of purposes, as set out below. However, we will not purposefully retain personal data for longer than is necessary for the purpose(s) for which it was intended.
How do we use Personal Data?
• to provide and improve our products and services to you
• to maintain our business relationship where you are a user of our website, customer, supplier or candidate
• to promote our products and services, advise you of news and industry updates, events, promotions and competitions, reports and other information. Where we do so, you will be able to unsubscribe from such communications
• Recruitment and employment (including post-employment management)
• From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
• To protect & pursue FPSP’s legitimate interests, those of our customers, or others as appropriate after taking into account the legitimate interests of the person on whom data is held.
• To comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
• To facilitate payment and reconciliation of invoices for accounting purposes.
• In any other way we consider necessary & appropriate in order to conduct our business as a lightning and surge protection specialist ﬁrm including fulﬁlling our professional, regulatory & legal obligations to our customers, and/or others with a legitimate interest. We will keep such data for as long as we need to in order to achieve this but for no longer than is necessary.
Your privacy is of paramount importance and with strict exceptions, including satisfying any overriding legal or regulatory requirements, your personal data will not be provided to any third party without your consent.
We will not release your personal information to any outside business or individual for mailing or marketing purposes.
Rights relating to personal data
You have various rights relating to the personal data we process including:
• To prevent us using data for direct marketing purposes
• To have inaccurate data corrected and/or deleted
• To be informed & access a copy of the information held
• To object to automated decision making and proﬁling processes
• To transfer personal data
If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please email or write to us at the above address. We will respond to a request within one month of receipt but reserve the right to extend this timeframe by a further two months in complex or exceptional cases. Equally, whilst we will not generally charge for providing information, we reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee for the provision of information in exceptional circumstances, as appropriate. Please contact us at our postal address or by email marked for the attention of the Compliance Ofﬁcer if you have any concerns, requests or questions relating to personal data.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added, and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.